Saturday, March 3, 2012

Good times and bad....

Had such a nice visit with our friends, Sheryl and Dylan, who drove down from Seattle last Sunday and stayed until this morning. Really was great to have them here. John got home Wednesday morning. He is crazy about Dylan, so it was good to see him in such good spirits. All in all, it was a good week.

Before John got home, we went out to La Colaca Comelona one night for Mexican food. It was, as always, outstanding. I didn't do so well with the tequila, though. I am simply not a drinker. A very tiny amount makes me say and do things I regret. I probably wouldn't be that way if I drank more...but the truth is, I really don't care for alcohol all that much. Never have. I should avoid it altogether, because I don't find it gratifying at all. It makes me feel ill the next day, is empty calories and drains me of energy. The food, however, was truly spectacular. Really fine. I did have a nice time.

I came down with a flu-like illness last night and have had a rough day. Just coughing and feeling generally lousy. I went through an entire box of Oscillococcinum and a bottle of Boiron cough syrup. Now, I 'm drinking Elderberry serum, but I gave in a few minutes ago and popped a Muscinex pill just because my lungs are so congested right now. I'm hoping John won't get it. He fell asleep in our bed earlier this evening. He has been working so hard! So, I sneaked out of bed and came in here to the office so I wouldn't disturb him. I'll probably sleep in here tonight so he can get some rest.

Trying to get used to the new phone and set everything up, but it's a pain in the butt. Sometimes I feel a slave to all of these technology.

Doing some volunteer work at the homeless shelter downtown tomorrow. The facility is so spectacular. Just wonderful, and I am proud to play a role in what goes on there.

The other night, while dreaming, I came up with a master plan for a very simple way in which to shelter homeless people...street people. It is an ingenious invention that I intend to make a reality. I feel driven to do so. Will write more about this another time....


All for now.